Friday, January 28, 2011

Smith admits India favourites for the ICC CWC 2011.

With less than 22 days to go until the ICC's flagship event, ICC Cricket World Cup 2011, South Africa captain Graeme Smith looks back on his side's recent victory over India in its ODI series and looks ahead to the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011, admitting the three hosts will be the teams to beat this time around, with India favourites for the title.


"I think the home teams will be right up there when it comes to the ICC Cricket World Cup. I think in the sub-continent conditions they'll be very crafty knowing how to read conditions while other teams need to find ways to be successful there."


"I think for us we need to versatile, I think India will come in as favourites but personally I think there are five or six teams that could win this World Cup which is probably going to make it a very exciting one," says Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment